Summer 2011 highlights
· The renovation projects at Mitchell and Shapleigh are receiving their finishing touches with some exciting new spaces for learning.
· The custodial staff, with support from many others, has been busy mounting new SMART Boards and projectors ready for your use in the fall.
· New staff members have been hired and will be anxious to join the already amazing staff at each school.
· The buildings are being scrubbed and cleaned…ready for opening day!
· The technology team continues to offer exciting new ways to incorporate technology into learning in classrooms K-12.
· A much needed heating/ventilation system is being installed at Traip.
· The new track and field area at Shapleigh is nearly completed.
· Teachers, educational technicians and administrators have worked this summer on the following projects:
o Summer writing academy
o Technology integration and updates
o Expeditionary learning
o Reading and Writing Workshop
o Extended School Year programs
o Grade level planning at Mitchell and Shapleigh
o Staff appraisal system preparation
o Goal setting for the district and buildings
o Science Curriculum planning
o Teacher Leader planning at Traip
o Gifted/Talented differentiated curriculum planning
The time and effort that everyone has contributed this summer is representative of the committed staff we have within the Kittery School Department.